DBRDA are keen to bring the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee celebrations to the local isolated rural community that we serve. As such we are planning to hold a Tea Party / Celebration Party on the Jubilee weekend in June. This will include:
• Historical Exhibition / Lecture / Videos on the big screen;
• A concert / musical entertainment using local bands and artists who will focus on performing NI specific musical and family favourite songs and music;
• Historical activity and celebration pack with be provided as a learning tools Pack will be provided to suit both children and adults;
• A celebration party for the community that will provide games and entertainment for all ages. This will include, for example, NI themed fancy dress, kids bouncy castle, party games, etc; and
• Tea Party / Picnic / BBQ.
Activities will provide a mixture of educational opportunities as well as fun social events for all ages of participants to celebrates the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee.
In addition, we would see this event as an excellent opportunity to explain to those from different backgrounds and cultures why we hold Her Majesty the Queen in such high esteem and why celebrating her Platinum Jubilee is relevant to our shared history and in doing so this will help build bridges within our local rural community.