The Isabella Community Association aims to improve the life of the local inhabitants of Blyth South East Northumberland and the surrounding area. The centre is an integral part of the community, promoting inclusion among all its residents and members. Encouraging them to participate in various social, recreational and self-help activities in an area of high unemployment and deprivation. We offer a lifeline to disadvantaged, marginalized and socially isolated individuals.
The centre’s staff deliver access/inclusion for everyone in a friendly relaxed atmosphere. We have the facilities and resources needed for social welfare, supporting the promotion of diversity regardless of status, age, gender or religion. We provide the opportunity for visitors and members of the community to communicate with each other, have their say and engage in social activities in a safe and secure location.
We are organising a small fete to bring the community together to join in with the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee weekend celebrations which will take place on Thursday 2nd June 2022.
• stalls for local makers and bakers
• fete games eg. ring the bull and ball in the bucket
• crafting table, face painting and bouncy castle
• character mascots/ ventriloquist show
• tombolas, raffles and jumble sale tables
• displays and workshops from our community centre groups including dance, karate and dog shows
• hot food and refreshments (no alcohol)
We will be starting the day with the stalls, games and displays and then ending the day with a ventriloquist magic show.