The Black Watch Castle and Museum is a 5-star award winning visitor attraction located in the beautiful city of Perth, Scotland. The venue comprises of The Black Watch Museum where we share the history of Scotland’s oldest Highland Regiment, Bistro @ The Castle, and Gift Shop. We also run a varied calendar of events for all ages and offer educational visits to school and youth groups.
The Black Watch Regimental Trust is a charitable company registered in Scotland
Charity No SC005848
ABOUT THE EVENT
Jubilee Dinner and Ceremonial Beacon Lighting | Thursday 2nd June | 7pm-10pm | £30 per person
Join us at the Castle for a wonderful 2 course dinner celebrating the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee. The evening will begin with a courtyard drinks reception followed by dinner in the Queen Mother room where our museum team will share stories and reflect on the experience of The Black Watch at the time of the coronation.
Following the dinner, we will take part in the official jubilee celebrations as communities across the country pay tribute to the Queen and her service.
• A bugler will play ‘Majesty’
• A lone piper will play ‘Diu Regnare’
• Lighting of the Jubilee beacon
• Perth Choral Society will perform a selection of songs including a ‘Song for the Commonwealth’
• ‘Majesty, ‘Diu Regnare’ and ‘Song for the Commonwealth’ have been specially written this occasion