We are a care home proving assisted living care to the elderly.
Here is a list of what we have planned for the queen’s jubilee celebrations, on Thursday 2nd June 2022.
We are going to encourage a 1950s fancy dress themed day.
Our community will be filled with flower decorations and the colour Purple incorporated i.e.. Satin bow ties around chairs, table runners ,balloons, Streamers, and flags, our residents are now busy making pastel-coloured flowers to decorate the community.
On the lead up to the Jubilee Day, residents are going to plant jubilee-coloured wildflowers in our grounds amongst our tall grasses.
During activity sessions residents are making their own crowns, corsages, or fascinators to wear for the jubilee celebration day.
We will be planting a white blossom tree in the grounds with a commemorative plague.
We are making an artificial flower backdrop for a photo opportunity for everyone.
Our chefs are making a wonderful jubilee cake to celebrate the day & lovely jubilee mugs for staff & residents as a gift.
10.30am – Film showing of the Queen’s coronation in 1952 on a big projector screen.
• 12.00pm – Residents Platinum jubilee lunch served
• 1.00pm – Queens Jubilee Selfie Photobooth Pod
• 1.15pm – Champagne & Canapes Reception for residents ,family & friends
• 2.30pm – Live entertainment – A sing along with Marcus & Cheryl (jubilee show)
• 2.30pm – Pimm’s Served
• 2.45pm – Seated Picnic severed in the garden Marque
• 3.30pm – Live Bagpiper ( Ivan Brooks) plays the queens jubilee tribute song – Diu Regnare written by Stuart Liddell, and many more tunes.
• 3.45 pm – Tea & Coffees severed with jubilee themed chocolates
• 4.30pm – Planting of the blossom (Queens Canopy)
• Jubilee Raffle Prize draw