Are you seeking funding to support an event or activity you are planning for The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee? A range of options are available.
More than £22 million of National Lottery funding is being made available to help communities across the country celebrate the Platinum Jubilee:
- The National Lottery Community Fund’s Platinum Jubilee Fund will provide grants of up to £50,000 to 70 impactful community projects across the UK. In addition, grants of up to £10,000 from The National Lottery Awards For All programme will be available for community-led events throughout 2022.
- Arts Council England’s Let’s Create Jubilee Fund will support voluntary and community organisations in England to develop creative and cultural activities as part of Platinum Jubilee celebrations with grants of up to £10,000.
- The Arts Council has also announced £175,000 to help libraries celebrate. The funding will be distributed by n Libraries Connected, and will provide £1,000 for each library service
- Throughout the year community organisations will also be able to apply for grants from the Arts Council’s National Lottery Project Grants programme, which has been refreshed with new guidance to better support a broader range of ambitious cultural projects.
- The National Lottery Heritage Fund will support communities to take action to help natural green spaces flourish as a legacy of the Platinum Jubilee. Additional funding will create 70 paid placements for young people from under-served and disadvantaged backgrounds. More details of these funds will be shared in January.
- Sport England’s Queen’s Platinum Jubilee Activity Fund, which will open at the beginning of 2022, will focus on the role of sport and physical activity in tackling inequalities and building stronger communities. More details of this fund will follow in coming months.
For local authorities there are some funding options for local authorities as part of existing schemes:
- The Government’s Welcome Back Fund aims to help boost the look and feel of high streets and seaside towns. If you’ve signed up, the Welcome Back Fund could help with basic preparation for Platinum Jubilee activities before 31 March 2022.
- The High Streets Strategy is an opportunity to spruce up streets for the festivities. It could be used to promote the Platinum Jubilee, local history or local heroes.
You may also wish to generate your own funds to support specific events to mark this significant milestone in our shared history. And don’t forget that community events don’t need to cost a lot of money. It’s amazing what you can achieve with a little bit of community spirit!